Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

ABsolutely Delicious

After my morning green juice (pear, apple, celery, spring mix, cuke) i did this ab routine while my sister posted on this blog about bomb clothes:
I'm going back to school today which means I can get back to weight-lifting (didn't bring my weights home for break) Once I figure out how to post a video I'll be posting some weight exercises.  Also, I got the OK from the doc (aka papa Berks) to begin swimming carefully! 

Lunch was this huge-ass "wrap":










Close Up:
Wrapping it up didn't go over so well, so I just ate it with a fork.  However, next time I'll make smaller little wraps out of the leaf so that it works better!  Ingredients in this are:
  • Chard leaf
  • red bell pepper
  • 2 large carrots
  • 1 large celery stalk 
  • butternut squash! (this really added a lot of flavor to the bland veggies, buy the pre-cut ones and throw 'em in the microwave)  my mom baked these last night for me though, they taste great cold from the fridge!
  • scattered a few chickpeas on this for some protein
  • fresh salsa, for those of you who don't know what fresh salsa is, here's a picture:
I like it better because it's not so "saucy" like regular salsa is.  And it has onions in it which i love in salads.  They also make mango fresh salsa which is so good!


I topped that all off with the vanilla kreme raw/vegan macaroon from pure2raw.  It's just SO hard to believe that this junk-food tasting cookie is actually healthy and made up of plant-based ingredients: 
  • dates
  • coconut flakes
  • coconut oil,
  • vanilla
  • maca
  • stevia (natural form of splenda)
  • sea salt
Now i gotta get ready to get DRIVEN back to school, ugh.  I miss driving so much, especially in this weather with the windows down.  It's so liberating to cruise on the highway while listening to a perfect "driving song"  

So for those of you who are cruisin' today, here is a driving song recommendation from yours truly:  Travie McCoy feat. Bruno Mars - Billionaire



No comments:

Post a Comment